Tuesday, June 1, 2010

working girl

going along with my fashion rut is also this horrible new dilemma hanging over my head: a real career girl wardrobe. during my internships my go-to outfit was a pair of straight-legged jeans and a cardigan. i didn't care to invest in a real work wardrobe because it was so temporary and i would much rather have worked up my collection of fake snake skin leggings and sick wedges for going out with friends.

but now that my future holds a real-life job i need to try and figure out what a real-life working girl wears. how do i actually translate my real style into something appropriate for the workplace? i don't think i can quite handle pulling on a lame cardigan every morning. nothing can be quite as soul crushing as facing a heinous sweater set each day at the crack of dawn. yet how do i wear something that says "hello world, i'm a young lady coming into the office in something stylish that says don't mess with me, i've got a personality and i'm not afraid to show it (but still take me seriously)"? how do i still look my age without looking like i'm walking into a club?

the most inspiring thing i've found thus far is this, minus the (albeit amazing) lace bodysuit top



now the question of how i can accomplish this while still having money to feed myself arises...

No comments:

Post a Comment